Be my friend

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hello! Project’s Kikkawa Yuu Dices Cabbage at her Solo Debut Press Conference?


Former Hello! Project Egg, Kikkawa Yuu, will make her solo debut with Universal J on March 30th, with the single “Kikkake wa You!” (A pun based off of her name: The reason is You!). To commemorate this, she held a press conference on January 26th in Tokyo.

In addition to the press corps, those present at the press conference included 100 selected fans from those who registered on her mobile site, “Kikkawa You Support Site.” It was a gala event for the new soloist.


Wearing a white dress, Kikkawa appeared in front of a gold folding screen and said “I’m so nervous.” In addition to discussing her CD Solo Debut had been decided, she revealed that on Golden Week a film starring her, also named “Kikkake wa YOU!” would be released. Further, from March 19th to 21st Universal Studio Japan will hold its “Universal Dream Live 2011″ event, for which she will be the opening act. Various events have been lined up for her CD debut.


On this day, the press corps and gathered fans were able to learn a bit more about Kikkawa by seeing her special skill – Kikkawa introduced herself by dicing cabbage. A cabbage was prepared for the apron-clad singer, who remarked “A nice cabbage, huh. In the mornings, I have to do this,” and proceeded to turn the cabbage while slicing. As all that remained was the cabbage’s core, the audience broke into thunderous applause.


When the MC asked Kikkawa if she had told anyone about her debut beforehand, she said “My mother. She congratulated me.” She smiled and discussed her debut song “Kikkake wa You!” as “I will treasure this song, and I would like to sing it together with my fans.” When asked what activities she would like to take upon debut, she said “I’d like to go in a lot of different directions, but I love singing, so I’d like to sing in a big hall… like Tokyo Dome.”


Finally, at the end of the conference, Kikkawa sang her debut song “Kikkake wa You!” An up-tempo fun song, fit for spring, she sang till the end with a smile on her face. The audience echoed with a big applause and appreciation.

After that, the gathered fans and press corps were treated to a photo session. The press corps was directed towards the leader of Kikkawa’s Support Team, KABA for advice concerning Kikkawa.


When asked about her feelings after the press conference ended, Kikkawa answered “I’m nervous. I woke up this morning at 4:44 so I thought that it would be an unlucky day. I’m relieved that ended without incident.” She evaluated her cabbage dicing performance, “I was nervous, so I’d give it 70%,” but for her vocals, Kikkawa smiled, “I was nervous there too but, … 100%! But I still have a lot more to grow.”


Concerning her goals as a singer, “I’m making Morning Musume and Matsuura Aya, who are from my same company, my targets. I also look up to Moritaka Chisato and Matsuda Seiko.” When asked about AKB48’s Itano Tomomi who has also solo debuted, “We’re about the same age, so I hope as rivals we can make the age of solo idol singers exciting.”


KABA described his impressions of Kikkawa, “She’s not the ‘long-awaited new face,’ she’s the ‘Long-Awaited Super New Face’. She has distinct vocals and I think that is her focal point. I want her to become Heisei’s Matsuda Seiko.” “Just like the distinct ‘Matsuda Seiko Cut’ became all the rage, let’s try to make the ‘Kikka Cut’ popular.” He expressed his hope “one day, as her choreography instructor, I’d like to do a joint performance with Kikka.”

Source from natalie.mu + tokyohive


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...